Friday, October 15, 2010

Another Sam Moment

When we left home today to take Ben to preschool Sam had a Father's Day card that played the theme from Superman which we had given Brian back in June.  Sam kept telling Ben and I that it was a birthday card for one of Ben's teachers, Miss Noelle.  When he took it into the building I expected him to show it to her but instead he handed it to me and found something else to play with.  I gave it back to him on our way out and then we headed to the bank to deposit my sales from this week's Meals By Maggie dinner. He took the card in with him and promptly went to a small table where there are always pages to color and crayons.  He sat down with a paper and a purple crayon and told me and the girls working in the bank that he was pretending the crayon had paint inside.  When I was finished at the counter I said, "Sam, it's time to go."
"Okay," he replied, "I wrote this note and it says I love you."
Of course the girls all answered with sighs at his utter cuteness.  Then as we were heading out to the car he informed me that he was Mommy starfish and I was Baby starfish and he wrote the note for me.  He also told me his eyes were on his starfish arms and he would take care of me.

It wasn't until we were to the post office that we realized Sam had left the Superman card back at the bank.  He pled with me to go back and get it.  When I popped back into the bank all the girls watched me walk over to the little table and retrieve the card.  "Apparently, a two year-old can't live without a Father's Day card that plays music," I explained.  They all giggled and wished me a happy weekend.

Sam also informed me as I was putting him down for his rest that he really needs a red hat because he is Sam I Am.

No comments:

Post a Comment