Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Creative Juices

This last Saturday Brian was on complete Daddy Duty as I spent the day in my business kitchen making the food for a birthday party I was catering.  The boys and Daddy joined our local MOMS groups to take a tour of the firestation.  The boys had both been on a couple of tours through the station but it was the first for Daddy.  Apparently, they got to see and do many things including climbing in and out of trucks and spraying one of the hoses.  One fireman in particular stuck in the boys heads.  His name was Thomas and he dressed in his turn-outs complete with breathing apparatus.  Before he put all the gear on he made sure to tell the kids that he would look different with everything on so they shouldn't be frightened.  The fire department had also recently visited Ben's school so by the end of the tour Ben was more than knowledgeable about the do and don'ts of fire safety.  While I was busy in the kitchen making dozens of appetizers Brian was home making what the boys called "Air packs" so they could be firemen.  By the end of the day I had a very happy hostess at the birthday party and we had two firemen protecting our home.  And Sam was sure to tell me each time he started gearing up that he was going to look different just like Thomas.


Just last night I decided it would be New Recipe Night and tried a new pizza recipe I found in one of my magazines.  From pretty modest ingredients I made a mouth-watering, gourmet pizza.  The Roasted Butternut Squash-Red Onion-Radicchio Pizza was easy and amazing!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment