Saturday, November 13, 2010

Notes and Nuggets

A few more nuggets....

As it's been much colder here lately the boys have been bundling up so the other day Sam was wearing a winter hat my mom had made for Ben a few years ago.  This particular hat looks like a crown which prompted this question from Sam, "Mom, what's a crown?"
My reply, "A crown is a kind of hat kings, queens, princes, and princesses wear to show that they are special people."
"Am I special?"
Of course you're special."
"But if I take my crown off I'm not special anymore."
"Oh honey, you are special every day!"
Ben, "Yeah, like on Christmas and your birthday."
Me, "You are both special all the time no matter what!"

And just this morning Sam asked for my help moving a toy truck loaded down with other little trucks.
Me, "Where do you want me to take this, Sam?"
Sam, "Um, to the cave."
Me, "Where's the cave?"
Sam, "It's the one with the echo," at which point he directed me to put the toys under one of our barstools.

Ben also thought it was time to write letters to Santa last night.  This was in fact the first time either boy has wanted to write a letter to Santa.  Their requests are actually rather modest. 


A project Ben brought home from school.

Ben's letter to Santa.

Sam's letter dictated to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment